- safeguard and promote the values of the Trust, acting as ‘ambassadors’ for the Trust
- ensure the Trust acts within its Objectives as set out in the Articles of Association
- hold the Board to account
- appoint and (where necessary) remove Trustees
- receive reports and financial statements
- set strategic vision, oversight and policies
- effective governance and decision making
- set targets for the Chief Executive Officer
- oversight of standards and educational outcomes
- review academy performance and budgets
Local Governing Bodies
Every Crofty MAT School is accountable to the Trust Board. A Local Governing Body is perfectly positioned to facilitate this and to ensure that their school can realistically meet the requirements of the Trust.
School governors communicate and work in conjunction with the Board to provide a vital link and additional level of accountability.
- Focus on consistently improving outcomes for all pupils but especially for disadvantaged pupils.
- Provide challenge and support to leaders at all levels in the school.
- Monitor the performance and progress of the school, agreeing strategies to achieve continuous improvement and monitoring the School Improvement Plan.
- Strategic oversight of the curriculum.
- Take all aspects of safeguarding and well -being seriously and appoint a designated Safeguarding governor.
- Conduct an annual self- evaluation of the impact and effectiveness of the governing body and the school’s improvement activities.
- Promote Trust vision, policies and priorities
|Mr Ian Bruce||Founder Member|
|Mr Tim Davis||Founder Member|
|Mrs Carol Green||Founder Member|
|Mr John Whetter||Founder Member|
|Mr Mike Hosking||Trustee and Chair of Trust Board|
|Mr Nick Lake||Trustee and Finance Lead|
|Mr Tom Briant-Evans||Trustee|
|Mr Brett Elliott||Trustee|
|Mr Keith Tipler||Trustee|
|Mr John Whetter||Trustee|
|Mr Jeremy Alder|
|Chairs of Local Governing Bodies||School|
|Mrs Susan Kinver||Illogan|
|Mrs Barbara McGuire||Lanner|
|Mr Jim Seth||Pennoweth|
|Mrs Elizabeth Gerrish||Portreath|
|Mr Nick Lake||Rosemellin|
|Mr Keith Tipler||Roskear|
|Mrs Kerrie Monk||Treloweth|
|Mrs Barbara McGuire||Weeth|